July 30, 2013

ripples and reflections -- temporary works of art


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I'm afraid I will never achieve the coveted super-power of being "invisible". So I guess I'll just have to deal with people and their harmless but often asked question; "What in the world are you taking a picture of?"



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Oh, I usually point, and exclaim with as much excitement as I can muster; "Little temporary works of art, right there in the water".



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Then comes a reply to the tune of; "Oh, are you an artist? To which I always feel obligated to launch into my diatribe about how Edward Weston never allowed anyone to call HIM an artist. That being called a "photographer" was sufficient... Anyway, I'm certainly no Edward Weston, but I've always wondered if E.W. ever fantasized over that same super-power--"invisibility". [ note: this last image is not new -- taken August 29, 2012 ]


CLICK for 40 new photos on my main website; www.photoarrow.com.

CLICK for preview of my exhibit at Mill Valley Library during July 2013.

No comments:

 
under construction