July 11, 2013

3 of the "Creative Girls"


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I should be proud. Proof positive that I can throw a party and actual "girls" will show up. I used to work with this trio. That is Sandy on the right who is a master craftsperson, who for untold numbers of years carried out her skills as a picture-framer at Creative Merchandisers; same place I worked for umpteen years.

In the center is one of the coolest chicks you are ever going to meet. Robin Petrie. While writing up a framing order she could soften the blow of the final price just by her presence, insight, and wit. Robin is a professional singer and musician; and has performed extensively.

So, who does that leave... Oh yes, Debby (on left). With more "r"'s and "t"'s in her last name than you would ever want to count; and I will tell you-- that Debby had a bad, bad, "jones" for chocolate. My complaint was that Debby never let me "get away" with anything. So began years of trying to "get back" at her. And what better way to get back at a person than to play harmless practical jokes involving chocolate!

I guess it started small. While on lunch I would buy two Hershey bars--one for myself and one for Debby. When Debby went to lunch I would leave one Hershey bar on her counter and let my co-workers in on the gag. The story was that some good looking man came in and dropped it off for her, refusing to give his name. This went on for a while, with an ambivalent Debby--getting more concerned about her "stalker", but developing quite a favorable attitude about these free Hershey bars she was getting.

So, the joke escalated when I found a discarded but nice See's Chocolates box. I placed a small piece of incoming freight intended for Debby's department inside the See's Chocolate box and left the bogus box for her to find when she returned from lunch. Well, I got a laugh out of it anyway. Debby wasn't all that happy. I probably had neglected to think the process through before I got myself into this, but after a few days knew I needed to stop by our local See's Chocolate store. One for me and one for Debby--because as we all know--Debby NEVER shares. Anyway, inside of an incoming freight box I slipped the chocolate, which Debby found while unpacking the box. All I can say is that Debby LOVES chocolate. Just look at that mug...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

That is Robin Petrie again (on left), and (on right) is the wonderful Diane Harrigan who produces the renound San Francisco based treasure trove of stories and video; PostcardsfromSanFrancisco



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Sandy (above) is reading my Ansel Adams story. You can read all about what a lucky kid I was. I have a lot of people to thank...


CLICK for 40 new photos on my main website; www.photoarrow.com.

CLICK for preview of my exhibit at Mill Valley Library during July 2013.

4 comments:

Jose Ramon Santana Vazquez said...

...traigo
ecos
de
la
tarde
callada
en
la
mano
y
una
vela
de
mi
corazón
para
invitarte
y
darte
este
alma
que
viene
para
compartir
contigo
tu
bello
blog
con
un
ramillete
de
oro
y
claveles
dentro...


desde mis
HORAS ROTAS
Y AULA DE PAZ


COMPARTIENDO ILUSION


CON saludos de la luna al
reflejarse en el mar de la
poesía...




ESPERO SEAN DE VUESTRO AGRADO EL POST POETIZADO DE EXCALIBUR, DJANGO, MASTER AND COMMANDER, LEYENDAS DE PASIÓN, BAILANDO CON LOBOS, THE ARTIST, TITANIC…

José
Ramón...


John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Great post and wonderful story. What a memory to have and be able to share. Now, what's with Jose' Ramon?

AphotoAday said...

Hi SINBAD's DAD -- John -- Well, I thought I would run that through the online translator later and find out what mischief Jose has been up to. Love not having the word verification with membership, and I even do the comment moderation thing. Anyway, one day I noticed I was getting hammered way down in past posts with spammy stuff designed for better Google rankings, I guess...

Nancy Ewart said...

What a wonderful story and what lovely women to have in your life, even those whom you torment with chocolate. I will have to keep my eye on you.

 
under construction