July 02, 2013

Monday, the City; it was raining


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Well, I think the last person who told me "I didn't have enough sense to come in out of the rain" might have been my mother, but there I was--in Golden Gate Park--in the bloody rain--with only a crusty baseball cap, a wool/polyester coat and a towel draped over my hydrophobic camera.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

It would three more hours until the doors to the DeYoung Museum would open. Currently they are showing Richard Diebenkorn abstracts.
Click on this image to make it larger; you may be able to see raindrops.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

It had been while since I had visited the National AIDS Memorial, open 24/7, rain or shine. Enough for me--maybe some other day I'll visit the museum.


CLICK for 40 new photos on my main website; www.photoarrow.com.

CLICK for preview of my exhibit at Mill Valley Library during July 2013.

2 comments:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

I like the lily pad shot and refrained from saying so yesterday when it was the header photo. No outboard motors (don't know where that came from) but there were a few motorcycles I would have liked to have trailered home.

AphotoAday said...

Hi SINBAD'S DAD (JOHN) -- Oh, I guess I just got your interests in what you like to collect mixed up, outboard motors for motorcycles. (Think you showed a series of outboard motors some time ago and everybody started thinking you collected them) (to which you denied then, and now--but just trying to find something to send a jab of kiddingness)

 
under construction