July 29, 2013

fog rolling in like a freight train


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

First, an apology is due to all of my fine friends who live in the beautiful city of San Francisco. I withdraw my remark yesterday that The City is a "hell-hole". Mike, Diane, Denis, Josh, Travis, Troy, Bob, Nancy, Meli, Brad, F.T., Sonia, and several other of you fine San Francisco folks; forgive me for such a broad and unwarranted smear on your home. I should have known better.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

But to see fog like THIS, you've got to be up on my beloved Mt. Tamalpais--UNLESS you prefer your fog wrapped around buildings and sky-scrapers.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Just as "city fog" rushes in through the Golden Gate, our fog here in Marin County comes rolling over the ridges on Mt. Tamalpais like a freight train.


CLICK for 40 new photos on my main website; www.photoarrow.com.

CLICK for preview of my exhibit at Mill Valley Library during July 2013.

4 comments:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

I think you had Los Angeles in mind when you made that comment. That's your excuse and you can stick too it.

AphotoAday said...

Hi SINBAD'S DAD (JOHN) -- Yeah, L.A.--THAT was what I must have been thinking about... No fog, just smog.

Civic Center said...

Never apologize. And San Francisco IS often a hellhole, so you're excused.

Nancy Ewart said...

I figured that you were having a bad day. Besides, after hanging out a bit with you in Mill Valley, parts of SF do look like a hell hole compared to that. But I love it anyway. You know the saying - love is blind.

 
under construction