July 18, 2013

Ridgecrest Boulevard, Mt. Tamalpais


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I've always thought it odd that "Ridgecrest Boulevard" a tiny and twisting road precariously hanging-on to the top of a mountain would be called a "Boulevard"; but it is (odd), and it is (twisty), and that's what it's called.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This is the low-spot on the crest. Fog driven in from the sea sometimes comes roaring through this spot like a freight train.  Hey--did you know? Redwood trees get most of their water through leaves, not roots.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

An empty road. I was probably one of the few people there on Tuesday.
The photo seems rather empty--perhaps it "needs" something.
Or possibly it is the "emptiness" that is speaking here...


CLICK for 40 new photos on my main website; www.photoarrow.com.

CLICK for preview of my exhibit at Mill Valley Library during July 2013.

3 comments:

Andy said...

Nice photos Don. Don't worry about the emptiness. It's the damp weather that makes these photos standout.

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Ooo...I like the yellow ribbon road.

photowannabe said...

Emptiness is speaking to me!

 
under construction