February 09, 2012

San Francisco -- it's a puzzle


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Well, this might look inviting, but Graffeo Coffee on Columbus was not only closed, they have this display behind glass, about four times actual size, and believe it or not, that is NOT real coffee in that cup. The whole table is tilted at a steep angle, making for quite an eye-catching display.

Graffeo was founded in NorthBeach in 1935.
Graffeo, located on Columbus Avenue, is said to be one of North America's oldest artisan coffee roasters. It's a family-run company and has been passed on down through generations. I've only spoken to the owner once--a few years ago when he commented on the length of my lens as I passed by. Seems like a real nice guy. He has another shop near where I live in San Rafael. They roast coffee right on the premises.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Gotta tell you, if I ever was able to finish a puzzle with so many pieces I'd be proud of it too. Beautiful image on the puzzle!



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Quite a bit of Chinatown is still tightly shuttered at 7AM.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And it's probable that while walking around this early in the morning in Chinatown I will never see another Caucasion. Let me tell you, I'm pretty odd to begin with, but in Chinatown I suppose I'm REALLY odd...


CLICK for the very "best" of my work on my photo website.

3 comments:

Nancy Ewart said...

I have a friend who will only drink Graffeo coffee. Since she now lives out of town, I send the beans to her about twice a month. They really are nice people.

photowannabe said...

Chinatown at 7AM really is a whole different world.
Love your choice of pictures today.

Civic Center said...

What photowannabe said.

 
under construction