October 25, 2008

postcard from San Francisco


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area now, but I was lucky enough to grow up on the Monterey Peninsula, which you might know is an equally beautiful and dramatic area.   Now this is going back about 45 years, but In Monterey there was a man, Lee Blaisdell, who took all of the picture postcard shots, and yes, I wanted his job, and still do...


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

6 comments:

Flying Solo said...

This is an amazing picture!
Thank you!

Tash said...

Looks like you have the next best thing to Mr. Blaisdell's job - a picture perfect blog! Always love seeing the bridge - it's gorgeous with the crashing waves.

bowledover said...

Wonderful pictures, I can feel the sun and waves as I watch.
Wish I was there. Thank you for sharing them with us all.
Thank you too for your visit and kind comments.SWF

Photo Cache said...

One of the best shots of the GG I have seen. Love it.

Photo Cache said...

One of the best shots of the GG I have seen. Love it.

Anonymous said...

If this would have been anyother place, I would have felt that you should have climbed uphill to get full view of the bridge. However Golden Gate is so familiar subject to everyone that it begs for different sort of approaches and I think you've done good job in finding little bit different angle to it.

 
under construction