March 02, 2013

Conservatory of Flowers, San Francisco


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Last Tuesday I found myself in Golden Gate park at the Conservatory of Flowers. So thanks for helping look for me if you were part of the search party. The missing person report has been cancelled. But s-e-r-i-o-u-s-l-y, thanks for letting me take one day off (yesterday) from "doing" AphotoAday. I was at a secret location in Northern California photographing Camels, but I can't say any more about that until later.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Pretty, huh... I had forgotten just how amazing the Conservatory of Flowers is. The place has a definite feeling of being ALIVE.  Hot and humid for the plants that prefer that environment, and moist and cooler depending on the species. A docent was standing by to answer any and all questions, but the only thing I could come up was; "How beautiful IS this place?", and that is probably more of a statement than a question.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!

Senior citizen admission to the Conservatory is only $5.
See you old farts there!


CLICK for 40 new photos on my "NEW" photo website.

No comments:

 
under construction