March 30, 2013

wildflowers are on their way


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The Lupine on Mt. Tamalpais has arrived.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And the Poppies are popping.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And the Iris are struggling to poke their way clear of the grasses.

I am taking a bit of artistic license with the image above. Last year while taking a photography class I presented a similar photo for critique by the instructor and class. The prevailing opinion was I should have tried clearing all that "weedy stuff" out of the way so they could see the actual flower.
Oh, I did a bit of grumbling but spoke up and said that all that "stuff" blocking the view didn't really bother me.

But just so nobody feels cheated out of a clear view, and to show that my photos can be just as boring as anybody else's, here you go:



CLICK for 40 new photos on my "NEW" photo website.

1 comment:

Nancy Ewart said...

Both images are beautiful but I think I prefer the unaltered vision. I don't need to have a photo "cleaned up" to appreciate a beautiful flower. In fact, I appreciate the flower more then it's in its natural state. So ptooi on your class. A bunch of Philistines.

 
under construction