April 25, 2011

what I found in Chinatown


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

My only regret is I don't have any information on these stamps -- the Chinese art supply store is always closed when I pass by. Maybe someone can help me out here, but I'm going to guess they represent classic Chinese sayings and concepts -- perhaps boring to some (as indicated by the two "boring" votes on yesterday's poll) but absolutely fascinating to an absolutely boring guy like me.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

A bowl of fruit for the good spirits -- sort of, I guess, like the American tradition of leaving a few cookies and a glass of milk out for Santa Claus on Christmas Eve...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The pork delivery drivers just hate getting their pictures snapped -- I'm always getting yelled at or waved off. But this is how it's done in San Francisco's Chinatown -- not a Safeway or Piggly-Wiggly Market in sight.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I'm not too keen on getting stuck with needles, but I wonder if it might help with a few of my aches and pains. This morning I feel about 2000 years old.



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

3 comments:

Scott Law said...

Interesting tour seeing some of the different sites of Chinatown.

Don said...

I like the stamp pic... not boring.
I'm kind of stuck on the last shot too.

AphotoAday said...

Thanks SCOTT and DON -- really appreciate your input. And DON, I've always thought you've got a great name, but I think you're much better looking!

 
under construction