April 12, 2011

last shoot at Lagunitas Creek for a while


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Well folks, my Canon5D is busted -- I've sent it off to Canon Repair but I have a feeling it has gasped it's last gasps.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

In the four years I've had the 5D I've clicked the shutter no less than 259,104 times.

I operate under the principle that if I click the shutter enough times it is inevitable that a few good images will result.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This image (above) was my last one.   What am I going to do?



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Actually, I've been fooling around with my cam-corder, so don't be surprised if I YouTube you ad-nauseam.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

3 comments:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Man, that is bad news. It is like you've lost a close friend. Ever consider getting a point & click camera as a back-up? I always carry mine (Canon Powershot) along with me. It comes in handy for quick grab shots from the driver's seat, sneaky pete shots when I don't want to be detected and really pulls off great macro shots. Many of the photos on my blog are with it and you can't (at least I can't) tell the difference from my Nikon. I hope you get your Canon back soon and do not go into withdrawls.

Hooly said...

Yeah, sorry to hear about your 5D, but if you do resort to videos I'm sure I'll watch them. Your subject matter is always great.

Müge said...

I think 259.104 clicks is a very good score for 5D. I use a 7D and it's said that its shutter life is limited to 150.000 clicks :(

Last week I visited USA (New York) for the first time in my life and I bought a Canon Powershot G12 (less expensive at B&H compared to the prices in my country) and I'd recommend such a semi-professional compact camera. It can never replace a 5D but it's comfortable sometimes not to be obliged to carry a heavy DSLR and taking nice pics with a light compact camera.

I hope Canon will repair your 5D. But if not, which DSLR are you planning to buy?

Best regards from Istanbul,

 
under construction