April 23, 2011

Spring has arrived in Marin County


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Despite some filtered sunlight (which is great for wildflower photography) and a bit of drizzle, Spring has arrived in our beloved Marin County, just north of the Golden Gate Bridge.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I suppose I'm going to have to buckle-down and do my research -- we have whitish-yellow Iris and we also have the deep blue-purple Iris. I'm assuming they are both Douglas Iris, but at this point I'm just guessing.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

One thing for sure -- this is really a tremendous year for wildflowers! I am going to assume it is because of the tremendous amounts of rain we had in February.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I'm just going to assume that pretty yellow stripe serves as a runway marker for visiting pollenators. Rather beautiful, isn't it?

And hey, by the way, thanks to everyone who contributed their votes on the polling for my Marin County Fair selections -- the data will help tremendously. The Fair isn't until early July so keep your suggestions coming if you spot something new that you think might be suitable. Again, I am SO bad at evaluating my own work. I really appreciate your input.



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

No comments:

 
under construction