April 15, 2011

atmospherics


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

So there I was, driving down Highway One-Oh-One minding my own business, when I noticed the light doing something dramatic with this cloud...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Clouds passing over west Marin County.

Later this year the skies will turn an uninteresting blank blue, so I'm trying my best to hold on to these memories.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And clouds being just as arty and abstract as they can possibly be.




CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

4 comments:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

I thought the banner shot looked familiar. I recall not being able to tell if I was looking at sky or ocean. I still like it. Good luck at the fair. I like that lost shot too very much.

TrevorW�� said...

Lots of magic in that last shot.....

-Trevor

Don said...

Great banner shot...and the skyscapes too!

Tomate Farcie said...

the last shot is amazing. I must repeat again how amazed I am at the difference when I look at your photos through my ipad or when I look through the monitor of my PC. On the PC, the colors come out kind of "flat" hard to explain. On the iPad, they jump out!

 
under construction