April 07, 2011

Batgirl surfaces in Northbeach


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Well the secret is out -- if you had been wondering where Batgirl hangs out, it's one of the little Italian restaurants in Northbeach!   Salvatore's to be exact -- if I'm not destroying any shred of anonymity she has remaining.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Another person who lives a rather public life is the heavily tattooed Johnnie who spends a lot of time on Broadway sort of keeping an eye on things.   He is an asset to the community -- he considers himself a neighborhood activist, and believe me, he has ample energy for the job.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Johnnie has some stories -- a LOT of stories -- to tell...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And in fact, Johnnie will talk your leg off -- but it's all really great stuff.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Especially fascinating for a kid like me who led a very sheltered youth, with little knowledge of the world or street-smarts of any description.   Johnnie is my buddy on Broadway these days -- and he's a good friend to have!




CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

5 comments:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

It appears Johnnie didn't really have a master plan in mind regarding the layout of his tattoos. That aside, this is a good realm of photography for you to get into - street people photos. Glad to see it. I know it is difficult to approach people and ask to do a portrait. Way out of our comfort zone, but one of us has to go there. May as well be you. I've got your back.

TrevorW�� said...

I must agree with Sinbad & I regarding the haphazard layout of Johnnie's tattoos...That being said he certainly looks like a super subject......

-Trevor

Marvin said...

Organized or not, it looks as if Johnnie has a small fortune in ink on his body. I imagine he just had each tat applied based upon what appealed to him, and what he could afford, at the time. Nice shots of a person who I'm sure is quite a character.

Janie said...

I think people should express themselves anyway they want, so tattoos are fine. I have always wanted to know how much money they invest in them however. If it is affordable for them fine. People do have their own priorities and should have them. Nice photos here.

Janie said...

I think people should express themselves anyway they want, so tattoos are fine. I have always wanted to know how much money they invest in them however. If it is affordable for them fine. People do have their own priorities and should have them. Nice photos here.

 
under construction