April 02, 2011

Point Bonita, Marin Headlands


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

We've had 3 consecutive days of sunshine and some warm temperatures -- and finally Spring is busting out all over.

That is Hill-88 in the background -- this was taken on the "Scenic Route" along the coastline enroute to the Point Bonita Lighthouse.   Hill-88 was part of the radar and command center for the Nike-Hercules launch station a mile away across the valley.   I did a swell post on the Nike-Hercules installation a while back -- take a look at it by clicking here.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Grab you board and head down to Rodeo Beach -- as I always say; "within spitting distance of the golden Gate Bridge"



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Don't forget to stop and snap a few photos.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And for god sakes, behave yourself -- especially in heightened security areas.




CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

1 comment:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

The heightened security shot made me pause and think...a bit too much. I'll just keep my mouth shut. Really like today's banner shot. Well done.

 
under construction