July 08, 2012

Paper-mill and Lagunitas -- the creek with two names


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

We seem to have options in what to call mountains and creeks in this area. My beloved "Mount Tamalpais" is often called "The Sleeping Lady".
The pretty mountain out near Nicasio is "Black Mountain" on one side and "Elephant Mountain" from the other.
And then there is the creek--some call it "Paper-mill" while I've always thought "Lagunitas" sounds a bit more refined.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

But usually I just call it "The Creek". And probably just as often; "My Creek".



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I search for textures and patterns. The colors never fail to amaze me.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Brief and temporary little works of art. Just begging to be captured. Snap!


CLICK for the very "best" of my work on my photo website.

1 comment:

photowannabe said...

So glad you snap these beautiful little works of art.
The water looks like taffata.(sp?)

 
under construction