July 07, 2012

more from Nicasio


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I've shot this Nicasio scene before, but never with such a moon. Okay, okay--would you HATE me if I admitted I made that moon substantially larger with Photoshop?

A few months ago I was snapping these houses when the owner came out, approached me, and asked me to explain myself. I hemmed-and-hawed, but I guess he finally figured out I was no threat. I gave him one of my cards and we conversed for a while about the beauty of the area. Don has a new friend in Nicasio. Isn't life grand...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Meanwhile, down at the lake...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

CLICK for one more



CLICK for the very "best" of my work on my photo website.

2 comments:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

I am currently reading a book - Mariposa Road, and the author is on a big year for butterflies. Everytime he gets stopped and questioned, he whips out his lepidopterist membership card and all is well after that. Business cards seem to carry great power.

MELI. said...

that moon is splendid.
nicasio, now i think of your photos every time i pass by there :)

btw wanted to share this link, can't wait for the documentary to come out

http://www.petapixel.com/2012/07/03/in-no-great-hurry-13-lessons-in-life-with-saul-leiter/

xxom

 
under construction