May 12, 2012

Smoke -- a work in progress


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Before my vehicle accumulates a billion miles, and before my bank account dispenses a billion bucks on gasoline, I thought I might try concentrating on subject matter a bit closer to home.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I've been using a few sticks of burning incense as my source of smoke, illuminated with a spotlight from the side. In this set of images, made about a week ago, I was having problems with the black background not photographing dark enough--I think I resolved the issue last night. Brace yourselves, you're probably going to see a lot more smoke spewing out of Don in upcoming posts.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Oh, I suppose you are either going to love them or hate them. I showed 25 of these smoke images to my classmates at Stanford (where I'm attending night-school) and got a positive response. Of course everybody wanted to know what I was smoking--------hardy har-har...


CLICK for the very "best" of my work on my photo website.

No comments:

 
under construction