May 26, 2012

a foggy spot on Mount Tamalpais


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

There is a low spot on my beloved Mount Tamalpais, a saddle so to speak, offering the path of least resistance for fog swooping in from our giant fog generator--the Pacific Ocean.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Fog is something about warm air hitting the cold, then moisture finding dust particles around which to coalesce--I'm sure you've heard all about it...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

But there it is--the beauty of science. I sort of make it up as I go along.


CLICK for the very "best" of my work on my photo website.

1 comment:

photowannabe said...

Sounds like pretty good science to me.
I'm trying to ignore my "granddogger" right now. She keeps tossing her toy on my feet and whining for me to play. Lazy me, I want to play on my computer.
Have a good weekend Don.

 
under construction