August 19, 2011

shapes and designs - down by the bridge


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

When I was a kid I lived on the tip of the Monterey Peninsula, where traveling north, west, or south on any street or avenue would eventually bring me to either Monterey Bay or the Pacific Ocean.

Now living in Marin County, for me to get my "water-kicks" these days I need to travel 20 miles to the south; to the Point Bonita and Fort Baker sections of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. Often the weather is overcast at Point Bonita, just like I remember on the Monterey Peninsula.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

That's the appropriately named Bird Island on the right.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I guessed that the other fellow walking on the beach wouldn't engage me in the sport of "see-saw" on this beam, so we went on our separate ways.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Yes, we "Marinites" enjoy our playground down-by-the-bridge...

Meet Robb Collins, who had an easel set up and looked to be having a great time painting the San Francisco skyline from a good vantage point at Point Covello. Robb Collins has a great website featuring his paintings at: http://www.robbcollins.com/Art/Home.html.



CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

No comments:

 
under construction