August 21, 2011

searching for sunrise


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This time of year the San Francisco Bay Area is usually bathed in a sea of morning fog, and finding the rising of the sun in the thick-of-it can be a daunting task. I've probably said it a million times--fog is fickle...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The first photo is from China Camp but I snagged these two images south of Cordelia, looking out across the top of Suisun Bay towards the Montezuma Hills (which we'll get to tomorrow).



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The fifteen or twenty minutes before sunrise is always the best, but then after the hot ball-of-fire appears other photo opportunities present themselves. The fun begins. I've probably said it a million times--but the trick is just to BE there...


CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

No comments:

 
under construction