August 18, 2011

China Camp, on the banks of San Pablo Bay


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

When my search turns to peace and tranquility I generally head towards China Camp on San Pablo Bay, the upper "thumb" of San Francisco Bay. That's a hunter's blind in the distance. I wish the hunter who uses the blind nothing but bad luck.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I'm pretty sure that hunters aren't allowed to shoot Egrets, so for the time being this pair is safe. I think they make a cute couple.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I often head out towards China Camp in the morning. And often the glaring sun arrives to greet me.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And I suppose China Camp used to be a busier place. Boats came and went.

The State of California turned this area into a park in the early 1970's--and will be closing it soon due to our State's fiscal crisis.



CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

1 comment:

erleichda said...

pease and tranquility is what these photos give me- its a pitty the are closing the park down ...

 
under construction