November 29, 2010

steamy shots...


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

When it comes to cold temperatures we "left-coast tenderfoots" probably don't have a clue.   But here in the photo, a dip in the temperature has generated some interesting surface effects.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This is the lake at Nicasio, but I suppose it's official name is Nicasio Reservoir.   It graces a tranquil western portion of Marin County, not far north of San Francisco.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

No swimming or boating but fishing, with the proper license, is permitted.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

So now, if you or I ever need a bucket of less-than-warm steam on a cold day we will know know where to find it.



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

3 comments:

Fire Byrd said...

Love these shots, so atmospheric.

Scott Law said...

I do love the mists coming off the water, especially that third one with the S curve.

Jennifer said...

Mystical!

 
under construction