July 13, 2008

water lilly


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Of course, more treasures are inside the building, but outside the deYoung museum is a delightful circular pond.   Right now (until September 28) it contains a Chihuly glass tree sculpture -- this one made of twisted and rather tormented neon tubes.

It looks wired-up and fully operational, so I 'm going to have to find an excuse to be in San Francisco after the sun goes down so I can see (and photograph) what it looks like illuminated.   I imagine there might be some really wild reflections going on in the pond.   See you there.



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.

announcing my newly re-designed collection:  
CLICK for what I call my BIG site



Your comments are invited and welcome.


8 comments:

Louise said...

Beautiful lily, and I hope you find the reason to be there to get a picture of the illuminated sculpture.

Profile Not Available said...

This is a stunning shot!

Marvin said...

Beautiful. Looking forward to your nighttime return to San Francisco.

Fish Whisperer said...

I have been looking at your body of work at photoarrow. Outstanding! Also let me thank you and Louise for the comments on my photos. I have added links to your sites as I feel you have and exceptional eye for photography. I also read your bio and am a bit jealous of your meeting Ansel Adams. Love the water lilly.
Cheers Callan

photowannabe said...

Beautiful. hope you get back to S.F. and can capture a night time shot.
I am going to really try to go to the exhibit sometime.

Louis la Vache said...

Very fine image, Donald! It also reminds "Louis" of Monet's famous 'Water Lilies." What many don't know about Monet's work is that it is actually a series of paintings - and they are huge. They take up an entire room at L'Orangerie in Paris.

* * * *

Eric at Paris Daily Photo had a shot of Mona Lisa, but "Louis" doesn't have to go to Paris to see her!

Tomate Farcie said...

This is a fanastic shot. Love it! As to the Chihuly exhibit, well, your shots make it look like a brillant exhibition, so .. see you there ;)

Anonymous said...

Great your blog and shots.
Nice flowers. Great Nature.

 
under construction