July 24, 2008

grocery store, upper Grant St., S.F.


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I found this window full of breakfast while on my early morning stroll on Saturday.   I wonder if the grocer realizes that his display comes pretty close to pop-art, a'la Andy Warhol...


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.

announcing my newly re-designed collection:  
CLICK for what I call my BIG site



Your comments are invited and welcome.


5 comments:

Louise said...

It almost makes me want to eat oatmeal. OK, not really, but it's appealing to look at.

AphotoAday said...

Hi Louise...
Yes, I agree with you about oatmeal.   My mother used to serve it all the time when I was a little kid -- she would put raisins in it, but it still tasted pretty yucky...   She would always say that it would stick to my ribs, which it undoubtedly did, the same way wallpaper paste might...

Later in my childhood I somehow graduated to better tasting (but definitely not better nutritionally) cereals like CocoCrispies and CocoPuffs.   These days I rarely eat breakfast, but if I do it's usually just leftovers...   My cat gets kibble, and later, to her ultimate delight, I'll give her a little piece of raw corn... Yum...

photowannabe said...

I agree its almost Pop Art. I think the grocer has a bit of artistic juice in his decorating.
Special K with red berries is my breakfast almost every morning. Believe it or not it sticks to my ribs pretty good too.

Tomate Farcie said...

I agree, it's totally Andy Warhol-like. Was the whole store like that? Well done! Great shot, very colorful!

And by the way, while I'm at it, that cloud up there... wow. Just WOW!!

Louis la Vache said...

uh huh...
Now "Louis" realizes that Warhol was really a grocer at heart...

 
under construction