November 22, 2011

views from Covello Point


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Yesterday's poll on this image surprised me, so thank you very much. I am the WORST when it comes to evaluating my own work. Some stuck-up photographers would NEVER even consider shooting the Golden Gate Bridge.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Mainly, I am at odds with the official photo-policy of the Golden Gate Bridge, prohibiting commercial photography (offering photographs for sale) taken while standing anywhere on Bridge District property unless a $2000 per day permit is secured. The problem is determining what is and what is not Bridge property--it's a rather gerrymandered layout that includes the full length of Alexander Avenue, an extremely dangerous road that many bicycling tourists use on their way to and from Sausalito.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

But back to one of my favorite spots--Covello Point--to which the overpaid and underworked Bridge Board of Directors have no claim. This is my favorite vantage point to view and shoot the City.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Covello Point also has a splendid view of Angel Island. I don't own a wide-angle lens so I had to "stitch" together three images in Photoshop for this panoramic view.


CLICK for the very "best" of my work on my photo website.

2 comments:

Hooly said...

I WOWed it mostly because I've never seen this view before, and but also because of the crystal clarity and perfect lighting.

AphotoAday said...

Well, thank you HOOLY! There's a semi-secret way of getting down and over to that spot that most tourists miss.

 
under construction