November 11, 2011

NorthBeach -- my secrets revealed


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Okay, since we're best friends now I guess it is okay that I reveal one of my little secrets--I have a "thing" for wedding dresses. Not that I get invited to a lot of weddings, and at age 64 it doesn't look like I'm EVER going to "take the plunge". Hey, no problem--it's probably better that I stay on the sidewalk--on the other side of the glass.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I am also fascinated by the restaurants of NorthBeach, which may not seem strange at all until I admit that my favorite time to visit is very, very early in the morning.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

On the corner of Broadway and Columbus I usually pause to contemplate "The Language of the Birds".



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And just up the street is the "Stinking Rose", a restaurant that reportedly serves dishes laced with enough garlic to keep an entire army of Vampires at bay. No need to wait for this garlic restaurant to open--the first course on the menu is the odor.


CLICK for the very "best" of my work on my photo website.

2 comments:

Civic Center said...

I know that a grotesque number of professional photographers depend on weddings for their bread-and-butter income but I'm wondering if there's a niche for Wedding Dress Photographers. You could indulge your "thing" and get paid for it too. Plus, I think it would be a fascinating photo series for a book.

AphotoAday said...

Interesting idea, Mike. I'll give it some thought.

 
under construction