November 04, 2011

$hooting the Golden Gate Bridge


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Another one of those early morning assignments.
The Golden Gate Bridge in all it's glory.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Now, this doesn't effect the photographer making images for personal use, but if you didn't know, the Golden Gate Transit District will shamelessly attempt to shake-down any hapless "guy with a camera" if they think money is being made from a photograph taken from a vantage point on their property. They're nice about it, but the Bridge District will quickly point out that a $2400 per day license is required. I shot these from the bridge overlook (Ridge Battery) on Conzelman Road, which isn't Bridge property.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This photog's impressive display of lenses and equipment sent me into "drool" mode.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The fellow was busy so I didn't chat with him longer than to say what nice equipment he had. I've already forgotten his name (the ravages of old age on my memory) but gave him my card and told him to check AphotoAday in a few days.


CLICK for the very "best" of my work on my photo website.

1 comment:

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

Love your Golden Gate images. It's nice to see a different viewpoint, and a beautiful one at that.
Have a great weekend!

 
under construction