November 14, 2011

one of those "OMG" moments


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Early last Saturday while up on the flanks of my beloved Mount Tamalpais, this scene provided me with one of those "OMG" moments. But it was a fleeting moment--a half-hour later the fog had mostly dissipated.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The other day I mentioned Ridgecrest Boulevard--the tiny road that takes me near the tip-top of my beloved mountain. I mentioned that the curvy road has been used as a backdrop in countless automobile commercials and motion-picture productions over the years.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The Bay Bridge, which celebrated it's 75th. birthday on Saturday.

My buddy, Bob Horowitz, a member of the AllCitySF photo team, recently posted a truly stellar image of the Bay Bridge, here.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And of course, this is the skyline of San Francisco, taken from across the bay at Covello Point.


CLICK for the very "best" of my work on my photo website.

3 comments:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Cannot see away to vote for today's banner shot so I am sending you one of my rare "wow" votes through your comments. Well done Donald.

AphotoAday said...

Well, thanks, Sinbad's Dad. I'm running a little bit late this morning and you caught me in the middle of things with my pants down. Really appreciate your input, and of course always thoroughly enjoy your blog.

Civic Center said...

I think that's two Wow's in a row. We're starting to get jaded by excellence, Donald.

 
under construction