May 13, 2013

bridge to the big City


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The commute from Marin into the City over the Golden Gate Bridge is a nightmare at times, but in off-peak hours the ride is usually a breeze.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Pedal to the metal... Right past empty toll taking stations--right through the ghost of my morning thank you. Six dollars is no longer a discouragement. Oh yeah--I got a bill in the mail for four trips so far.  But still no thank you.


CLICK for 40 new photos on my "NEW" photo website.

2 comments:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Just got back from my tour of the South and your post reminded me of the several tolls I had to pay on turnpikes. One was for just less than a mile to get onto another little back road. It cost 35 cents for that short distance.

photowannabe said...

I was shocked to learn of the $6.00 tag on the bridge.
Love your pictures though and guess I will have to take vicarious trips via you for the time being.

 
under construction