February 11, 2013

the little twisty road going west from Fairfax, California


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Thursday evening we had a bit of rain, and the Friday morning skies were full of clouds.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I'm willing to share, but I generally think of the Fairfax to Bolinas Road as my own. I rarely see another soul on weekdays. It is 10 or so miles filled with twists and turns, and a steep mountain called "Tamalpais" to climb.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

At the lowest point on the saddle all roads join. One leads farther up the mountain via the ridge-line, and the other descends to Bolinas.
It is here where light mixes with fog. Beautiful, isn't it?


CLICK for 40 new photos on my "NEW" photo website.

No comments:

 
under construction