January 22, 2012

Bemont, California -- along El Camino Real


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I was headed to the ComputerHistoryMuseum but I had a whole lot of time to kill before it opened. I had more than enough time to take my camera for a walk along the El Camino Real. A rather funky stretch of this long, long thoroughfare runs through Belmont, California, several miles south of San Francisco.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

A Friday morning but not much was going on down at the former filling station. And not a mechanic in sight.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Lord knows, what might go on behind those doors. Tsk, tsk. Wink, wink.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Some joker messing with the sign again. I'm betting alcohol was somehow involved in this bit of creative word-play.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Oh yeah, God bless America.


CLICK for a silly Flash website I designed in 2004.

CLICK for the very "best" of my work on my photo website.

1 comment:

photowannabe said...

Been years since I went down El Camino passed Belmont.
It certainly looks "funky" now. Great shots though.

 
under construction