May 23, 2010

more from Olema Cemetery


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Towards the rear of the Olema Cemetery is a large monument. Minus the obligatory cross -- sorry God -- this is the top part...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

...and this is the bottom part of the monument. As you can see, Mr. Tomasini lived to be 85 years -- he evidently came from sturdy Swiss stock.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Yes, human life is important, but I believe the flowers may, indeed, have us out-numbered.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Now, this isn't a new photo (((I always let you know when they aren't))), and in fact it was shot in the Bolinas Cemetery about five miles south of Olema, but I thought I would include it because of it's craftsmanship. Nicely done, isn't it?

This last photo is from the Bolinas set on what I call my "Big" Site.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! :)
I like the picture with the flag and the flowers!

 
under construction