May 11, 2010

The View on a Grand Scale


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

We're having a really wet year out here in California.
Mount Tamalpais, above, is loving it!

And with the clouds have come grand photo-ops.     Snap, snap, snap...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This is San Francisco Bay, just a bit to the left of Alcatraz looking east...
That would be Berkeley on the other side of the bay.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This was shot from China Camp, looking across the top of San Pablo Bay (upper thumb of San Francisco Bay) to hills, now a verdant green, in the Sear's Point and Lakeville Highway area. Hop over those hills are you are in the Wine Country -- the Napa and Sonoma wineries are waiting for you!


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

2 comments:

babbler said...

Thanks for the great photos! This is my first visit to your wonderful blog, but it certainly shall not be the last! I am a former Californian, grew up in Pasadena, but now I live in the Pacific Northwest near Newport Oregon. We have some pretty nice water pictures, but you have captured something in your Bay pics that makes me long for a day on the San Franscico Wharf! Have a fabulous day ahead, Love, "Mrs. Slug" (Adventures of Mr. Slug and Friends)

photowannabe said...

If I was a painter these would be the type of artwork I would do. I see the brushstrokes in the fog and clouds. Beautiful Don.

 
under construction