May 28, 2009

SPECIAL EDITION - Patrick Dougherty installation


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I'm posting this photo mainly for S.F. Mike, my blogging buddy at http://sfciviccenter.blogspot.com.
Mike likes Patrick Dougherty's intallation of willow branches woven into large birdhouse-like structures propped up in the (already tortured) sycamores in Civic Center Plaza, but personally, I hate what the "artist" has come up with here.   It's total non-sense!   Not to insult fifth-graders, but it looks like a fifth grade craft project gone terribly wrong -- and the thing that blows my mind is that Patrick Dougherty has perpetrated this kind of bad-art world-wide and is highly respected and widely exhibited.   It just amazes me what the San Francisco Arts Commission will accept...

Anyway, you might like Patrick Dougherty's work -- I'm just saying that I don't...   Here's another photo if you'd like to see another view

By the way, S.F. Mike has a great blog of all the activity -- and there is a lot of it -- in the Civic Center area of San Francisco.   As mentioned above, you can catch his blog at: http://sfciviccenter.blogspot.com.

2 comments:

photowannabe said...

I have to say that I'm not crazy about that at all. I guess "beauty" is in the eye of the beholder. I have looked at S.F. Mike's site. Its great fun.

Anonymous said...

WELL,to each his own. bonnye

 
under construction