May 13, 2009

more from Pier39


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Hey, lets step in the time machine and travel back 45 years.   There is nothing wrong with your computer -- no adjustment is necessary...

I found this print in the window of a memorabilia store on Pier39.

Yes indeed -- back in the '60's I owned an "Op Deck" and it kept me busy, if not enlightened for hours...   It had a clear overlay print that would interact in the most mystical of ways with whatever far-out pattern was below.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

As far as touristy scenes representative of San Francisco, the Carousel at Pier39 has a fine collection of familiar scenes around it's top perimeter.   This panel is of the Transamerica Building from the fishing pier at the foot of Broadway.
More HERE and HERE and HERE.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Everything is still closed and the tourists are mostly still in bed when I do my snooping around -- it's really the best time to see Pier39.   They pull heavy plastic curtains around the carousel at night to protect against the salty fog that can quickly erode metal.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Look south -- yes, right into the sun -- down towards Fisherman's Wharf...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Look west -- zoom that lens -- it's a Kodak moment...


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

1 comment:

photowannabe said...

Love this eclectic series of S.F. photos. The carousel banister and the Kodak moment are terrific too. Am I gushing too much??? I look forward to seeing what you post everyday.
Sue

 
under construction