December 27, 2012

more from Cataract Falls, Mt. Tamalpais


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Life is full of uncertainty, but without a doubt the residents of my beloved Marin County will be sleeping-in late on Saturday mornings. Before 8AM I pretty much have our entire county, full of incredible beauty, to myself.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

But Cataract Falls is a popular spot--especially after heavy rains when the creek is flowing full-tilt. Later in the day there will be nary a place to park. The trail will be thick with nature lovers soaking it all in.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I'm not going to name names, but Marin County is home to a plethora of accomplished photographers, some of who are quite famous. Not one of them did I encounter on my Saturday morning adventure--except for one chap with a backpack full of photo equipment who waved hello and shouted over the tremendous roar of the falls; "Great minds think alike". Not that I have any sort of great mind, but I appreciated the sentiment.


CLICK for 40 new photos on my "NEW" photo website.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As the old saying goes ... "the early bird gets the worm." And you've been getting a few "worms" lately!!

JB

AphotoAday said...

Yes, Jan, I truly AM full of worms!

Nancy Ewart said...

Great minds belonging to bodies that don't like to get up early know to check your page for beautiful images and witty commentary.

So there!

Have a joyous 2013 - looking forward to all the photos that you share with us.

AphotoAday said...

Thanks NANCY -- "witty commentary"? probably more like "sophomoric commentary" but I appreciate the thought. And yep, I too am looking forward to a great new year of photos -- snapped some cool Tule Elk this morning out at Point Reyes. I'm a pretty lucky guy.

 
under construction