December 26, 2012

"making the rounds" after rain


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

There are reflections amongst us. They are everywhere. The fun is the hunt. I found this scene at Roy's Redwoods, a somewhat lesser known but incredibly beautiful area here in Marin County, California.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And the rush is on for waterfalls of all sizes and descriptions. These, from my namesake, Kinney Creek, are rather brown from silt washed into the creek after a night of particularly heavy rain.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

On Saturday I visited water as white as cotton at Cataract Falls on my beloved Mount Tamalpais. Between downpours, there have been places to go and waterfalls of all sizes to visit. I've been busy. There you go... My world.


CLICK for 40 new photos on my "NEW" photo website.

1 comment:

photowannabe said...

Hi Don,
Thanks so much for the Christmas wish.
Life has been so hectic that I'm just now catching up with the blogs.
I really like that first photo of the reflection.
It's a great rain capture.

 
under construction