September 17, 2012

I'll be back in 14 days -- Re-runs in my absence

I'm off on vacation, exploring the mid-California coast, eastern California, the Alabama Hills, Bristlecone Pine, Death Valley, and as far into Nevada as I dare venture, but I'll be back October 1 hopefully with a lot of new photos from my adventure.

Sooooooooo, I have scheduled 30 "automatic" posts for the 30 days of September. Didn't want you to forget about the blog while I was gone.

Here are two more KittyBLOG editions:






what I found in Chinatown

BLAST-FROM-THE-PAST
AphotoAday post from April 25, 2011


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

My only regret is I don't have any information on these stamps -- the Chinese art supply store is always closed when I pass by. Maybe someone can help me out here, but I'm going to guess they represent classic Chinese sayings and concepts -- perhaps boring to some (as indicated by the two "boring" votes on yesterday's poll) but absolutely fascinating to an absolutely boring guy like me.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

A bowl of fruit for the good spirits -- sort of, I guess, like the American tradition of leaving a few cookies and a glass of milk out for Santa Claus on Christmas Eve...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The pork delivery drivers just hate getting their pictures snapped -- I'm always getting yelled at or waved off. But this is how it's done in San Francisco's Chinatown -- not a Safeway or Piggly-Wiggly Market in sight.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I'm not too keen on getting stuck with needles, but I wonder if it might help with a few of my aches and pains. This morning I feel about 2000 years old.



CLICK for new slideshow on my "BIG" photo website.

No comments:

 
under construction