September 20, 2012

I'll be back in 11 days -- Re-runs in my absence

I'm off on vacation, exploring the mid-California coast, eastern California, the Alabama Hills, Bristlecone Pine, Death Valley, and as far into Nevada as I dare venture, but I'll be back October 1 hopefully with a lot of new photos from my adventure.

Sooooooooo, I have scheduled 30 "automatic" posts for the 30 days of September. Didn't want you to forget about the blog while I was gone.

Here are two more KittyBLOG editions:






waiting for sunrise

BLAST-FROM-THE-PAST
AphotoAday post from August 17, 2011


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

You may already know my favorite time of day is just prior to sunrise when the sky may or may not, depending on conditions, show some peachy colors.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I shot five exposures and then stitched them together in a panorama with one of the automated features in Photoshop. Of course a such a small JPEG here doesn't show off the bigness of the actual scene--but printing large, long and skinny prints is on my to-do list.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This is my new trick of throwing the sun way out of focus so that it renders larger than it actually is. (Okay, I'll admit that I am easily amused)

So sleepyhead, see why I get out of bed early? It's the start of a new day--time to catch some rays...



CLICK for new slideshow on my "BIG" photo website.

No comments:

 
under construction