August 10, 2008

little exploding wave


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

O.k., I'll admit -- I'm spoiled...   For me, going to the ocean is as easy as getting in the car and stepping on the gas...   And yes, it IS a gas -- I never get tired of it, and it is always a different experience.

On Friday I was in the mood, so off I went at 5PM -- out to one of my favorite beaches -- the south-west part of Rodeo Beach in the Marin Headlands, not far from the Golden Gate Bridge -- but a million miles away from civilization in my minds eye...

Being the unsociable hermit that I am, I enjoy avoiding the crowds...   The main part of Rodeo Beach is usually littered with people and surfers, so I chose to take the steep trail to the harder to get to, but isolated portion of the beach that is normally blocked from the other end of the beach by the tides.   I had a fine time snapping seabirds, glistening wet sand, foamy waters, kelp and seaweed, driftwood, and of course -- the ceaseless waves...   I had a fine time...


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.


9 comments:

Louise said...

You ARE spoiled, and I am jealous. And even knowing where to avoid the crowds. I'm not a hermit (yet), but I really do not enjoy anything about a crowd unless I'm just sitting and watching THEM. This picture is a beach begging someone to walk barefooted along it.

kjpweb said...

I'm with you all the way on that! ;)
Cheers, Klaus

Texas Travelers said...

Amen, brother. I don't mind talking to people until they say, "What are you photographing that for?".

The wave does look like it is exploding. Great job on exposure.

I posted a flower you might be interested in today. Let me know what you think. I didn't realize the color ranges from white to purple.

Come visit anytime,
Troy

Mary said...

From one "unsociable hermit" to another -- LOVE this photo! A terrific sense of movement. :)

photowannabe said...

I love where I live now but I do miss seeing that ever changing ocean everyday. Thanks for being spoiled enough to bring the pictures to me so often. I never tire of the views.

Fish Whisperer said...

Great photograph. I just love SF for photography. I also agree about the ocean, I never tire of it.
Cheers

Kerri Farley said...

Oh, this is beautiful! I'm right there with you about crowds...I HATE crowds.

Tomate Farcie said...

I went there a long, long time ago with a bunch of kids. We were all kids back then! Good times, good memories :)

Marvin said...

My, my, I didn't realize there were so many fellow hermits and semi-hermits among the ranks of photographers. I don't suppose that suggesting we all get together and discuss how much we like to be left alone would be appropriate.

Great shot of the breaking waves, Don.

 
under construction