August 05, 2013

Montezuma Hills adventure, part 1 of 3


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Tell you a little secret--this photo whooped-my-butt.  In color, no matter HOW much I fooled with overall color temperature and the individual colors themselves, I just couldn't arrive at anything other than an assault on my eyeballs. Fortunately, in Photoshop it is easy to switch to black and white. That's the secret cure for an image with recalcitrant colors, in my opinion.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Yes, on Saturday I motored over to one of my favorite places on Planet Earth; the Montezuma Hills, which is at the base of the Sacramento Delta, between Fairfield and Rio Vista. Almost NOBODY lives there and almost NOBODY goes there--that's why I love it there. A get-away from it all...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Those are the tips of turbine windmills, generating electricity from the nearly constant breeze in this area. More about these windmills tomorrow.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This is sheep ranching country. Skiddish creatures--had to make the snap without getting out of the car. A wire fence impeded the camera's view.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The Montezuma Hills is cattle country too.  I've never realized that barbed wire apparently makes a great scratching tool.   --continued tomorrow...


CLICK for 40 photos on what I call my "big site"; photoarrow.com.
CLICK for "Photographing Marin County"; my Marin County exhibit.

No comments:

 
under construction