August 13, 2013

Marin, a certain soft light


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

A magician never reveals their secret, but you can NEVER trust a photog- rapher with high-level "Photoshop" secrecy. Truth be told--I employed a "reducedClarity" setting on this image, to simplify and smooth away extraneous detail. The actual "trick" is not overdoing the effect.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Not a single trick was used in the making of this photo. I'm "f'ing" serious. Actually, I wouldn't call it a trick but to make the wide-angle shot with a 70mm lens I needed to turn the camera vertical for a panorama of 7 individual images, which were "magically" stitched together in Photoshop. What happens is that a HUGE file is created, suitable for HUGE prints. Automatically, a bigger and more expensive camera with a larger sensor.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And no trickery here... Just a matter of "being there".  That's White's Hill.


CLICK for 40 photos on what I call my "big site"; photoarrow.com.
CLICK for "Photographing Marin County"; my Marin County exhibit.

No comments:

 
under construction