September 13, 2011

sunrise, speak to me...


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I haven't always been a morning person. My mother needed a 2x4 to pry me out of bed in the morning for school. But for the last 15 years of my working career I went into the retail shop early so I could get a few hours of work done before doors opened at 9.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney


I was very fortunate to be able to take advantage of early retirement, and each day I remind myself of what a lucky guy I am to be able to GO places, like China Camp in this image, instead of wasting my time and energy working at that darned old salt mine.

That's Rat Island in the foreground (above), with the tip of Pinole State Park, across San Pablo Bay, in the distance.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And of course, did I mention that sun is coming up, and not going down?


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Yes, sunrise, speak to me...



CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

2 comments:

Hilda R.B said...

Beautiful morning photos. It is always so nice in the morning!

Anonymous said...

That is the BEST cat tail photo that I've ever seen

 
under construction