September 30, 2011

reflecting on Rodeo Beach

notice: this blog and Don will be on VACATION October 3 through the 16th!


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

At low tide and with the sun at my back, the yellow and green cliffs at Rodeo Beach were putting on quite a show when I visited a few days ago.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

But then, at the same spot but looking towards the sun, a whole different situation developed.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Rodeo Beach is a great place to visit with a friend...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

...and also a great place to "go fly a kite", as has been suggested to me so many times over my lifetime.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And if you want to get your feet wet, Rodeo Beach is a dandy place to do just that. Even if you want to stay dry my suggestion would be to remove your socks and shoes--those waves can be pretty darned sneaky.



CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

2 comments:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Going away for a couple of weeks?Good for you. I just got back after a month away. I will be looking forward to see what you and your camera find.

Claudeen said...

My race last year started there! Such beautiful hills there are, too.

 
under construction