February 03, 2011

a drive out through west Marin County


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Officially, there is no such place as "West" Marin County, but after you've been living here a while you'll know that west Marin is an escape from the hussle-and-bussle of our major city, San Rafael, California.

Oh there are other great places in regular old Marin County -- China Camp, Mount Tamalpais, the Marin Headlands, Point Reyes, Roy's Redwoods, the Bolinas and Stinson Beach areas, and all of the coast -- but it's the farm and ranch land of "west" Marin County that fills-the-bill whenever I need a good mental flush.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

An old farm on Chelino Valley Road...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Handsome, healthy, and happy cattle along Hicks Valley Road...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Time to chow down -- "stop bothering me with your camera"...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And this farmer, out past the tiny town of Nicasio, was getting his mail...   Quite a distance to walk for just bills and advertisements, but I suspect he, just like me, was flushing his head in the dappled sunlight of the afternoon.



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

3 comments:

Scott Law said...

I see what they mean when they talk about the contended California cows on TV. Who wouldn't be happy living in such a serene environment.

photowannabe said...

This area does look peaceful. I really like the cloud shadows on the hills in the last shot.
We need to take a mind flushing ride into the Valley farmlands ourselves. Hope it happens soon.

Tomate Farcie said...

There isn't? Oh, that's too bad. West Marin is the best part of Marin County as far as I'm concerned ;) great place to clear your head, and plenty of physical space around you to do so.

 
under construction