October 12, 2010

framing-up the sunset


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Finding something new to frame-up the sunset is about all the lowly photographer can add.   Oh, maybe a row of Hula girls on the hill?



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I've probably already mentioned that I prefer sunrises to sunsets.   Sunsets are so final.   Usually it's a sad time when I have to put the camera away.

Better hurry, they lock the gates to Mount Tamalpais promptly after sunset.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Snapped the shot above at Rodeo Beach in the Marin Headlands, within spitting distance of the Golden Gate Bridge.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And I'm going to just have to admit that this is a sunrise shot and not a sunset, although I suppose both events could be quite similar.

The problem here is -- if I represent it as a sunset the lie is just going to bug the bejeebers out of me for the rest of the day, so I thought it's best that I set the record straight now.



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow - that last one in particular is remarkable.

Müge said...

Absolutely gorgeous photos!

 
under construction