September 19, 2010

our beloved Mount Tamalpais


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Ask any of MY friends why they live in Marin County and I'm absolutely sure they would say it's because of our proximity to our beloved Mount "Tam".



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And yes, this mountain has a vast array of moods, from sunny and bright, to cool and gloomy, to storms that rip down her slopes like a freight train.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

For hiking, she has a wealth of trails amidst uncommonly beautiful scenery.
For the biker all I need to say is this mountain was the birthplace of the "bomber" or mountain bike.   No foolin'.

Definitely no shortage of moss. The climate is moist, with the usual foggy Summer mornings and afternoon clearing.   Low spots on the ridge are foggier than others -- this tree stands in one of the foggiest.




CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

1 comment:

Adam R. Paul said...

Mt. Tam is certainly one of the reasons I live in SF - it's so close, yet a world apart. I absolutely love it.

 
under construction