June 06, 2010

oats and late light, China Camp


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Late Friday afternoon I thought I had better get my camera out to China Camp to see if anything interesting or exciting was going on.

There is no shortage of Volunteer Oats this year, and they couldn't have been dancing at a more feverish pace.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Deer live at China Camp in relative safety. A sustainable number of them make this area their home. I drop by frequently to say hi.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Well, I've seen more dramatic sunsets out at China Camp, but I thought this one would do. That's Mount Burdell at the north end of San Francisco Bay.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Um, words to describe a sunset... I'm going to have to think about that later -- right now I've got to hurry up and get ready for today's sunrise and a little trip to San Francisco. Wish me luck. Stay tuned.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

1 comment:

photowannabe said...

I love the frenzied action of the oats. Terrific shot Don.
How does one describe the sunset...Beautiful? Stunning? Peaceful?? Words seem to fall flat. Pictures don't.

 
under construction