February 18, 2010

Creatures, in their elements


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I seem to be gravitating towards Rodeo Beach quite a bit recently, and while I was getting ready to leave the other day ago I spotted this hungry Egret near the shore of the lagoon fishing for lunch.   Hopefully she found something tasty.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Now, this photo isn't going to win any prizes, but I think it has a certain peaceful quality to it.   Although this spot is just over the line in Sonoma County, this is on the wide and far-reaching loop I often take while exploring the lesser known parts of West Marin County.

This bucolic farmland is just west of Petaluma, near the microscopic town with the curious name of "Two Rock".   As for other curiously named places, not far away is another microscopic place that calls itself "My".



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And I suppose this photo doesn't require a lot of explanation, but I'm pretty sure this Pelican greatly prefers the Bay to those funny looking buildings in the background.   Ask this bird about "progress" and I'm sure it would just shake it's head.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

3 comments:

Tomate Farcie said...

I'm with the pelican.

photowannabe said...

The town called "My" is a new one for me.
Enjoyed your bucolic pastoral scene. I usually see that type of scenery but can't find a place to stop and take a picture. It happens so often.
I do like the City shot too.

Louise said...

I don't think I've seen you take a picture of an egret before. (Admittedly could have missed it.) Cool. I never thought about them being in your area.

 
under construction